Monday, October 26, 2009
Intro to RECentral
Hi guys. My name is Jim Zacharias. I'm a senior at Central Connecticut State University. I work with our recreation department known as RECentral. This is my third year working with the company and have worked in many different events as well as helped out as a referee and now as a manager for intramurals. This blog will be focused on mainly letting you, the reader, to know about many of the things going on at Central for recreation. I will be covering many different events that RECentral will be hosting ranging from tournaments like the upcoming girls flag-football night to the Krazy Costume Cardboard Canoe Race. I will be visiting the three gyms on campus: Beecher, Sam May and Kaiser and giving a review for each as well as telling you what makes each of them different and what the gyms focus on. During the first half the year I will be giving updates on intramurals sports that range from flag football and soccer in September and October to volleyball and dodge-ball in November and December. In January there isn't much going on for RECentral but everything will be returning at the end of January. For February and March basketball is the only sport for intramurals. Rounding out the spring 2010 year will be floor hockey and softball. There is also many different cardio classes that RECentral offers ranging from cycling to yoga to muay thai kickboxing. Each class is different and focuses on different ways of exercise. So stay tuned to find out what is going on at CCSU for recreation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment